Friday, June 1, 2012

Sand In My Sheets

I have been going nonstop since Tuesday, which is when we finally arrived. The drive was quite eventful but equally enjoyable. Being so close to the boarder of Mexico reminded me of when I spent a week in Jerez (near Mexico City) on a mission trip with my church. I didn't realize how much of my heart I left there! No, we did not venture over there, but we sure did think of it.

Since landing on San Diego soil, I have gotten a sunburn, surfed (I like to call it half-surfing considering I never actually stood up. Hey, I didn't have lessons, so I feel accomplished), long-boarded (in LOVE), random coffee shop searched, job searched, witnessed a hit and run accident (immediately after discovering I had a parking ticket from the night before), and evangelized on the beach. I realize that the last activity is the only one that matches up with why I'm here. I only had one conversation on the beach, but it was incredibly enjoyable to just talk about our "spiritual journeys". I was with someone walking along the beach looking for someone to talk to when I saw this guy and girl sitting and not doing anything. I do not remember thinking that I should talk to them, which is why I believe the Holy Spirit started speaking through me. I just introduced myself without even thinking about it. They did not accept Christ or anything, but I think I got them to think about Who is in charge of the universe and our moral standards. They are both about to go to college, so they will be experiencing many different belief systems. I hope God opens their eyes to the truth!

Currently, I am sitting at a coffee shop drinking coffee and eating some acai berry smoothie soup granola stuff with my roadtrip/coffee/long-board friend, Brenna. Today we will be job searching some more. Tonight is Friday Night Live which will include music and a Gospel presentation. Hopefully lots of people from the beach will be here. I think this is all for today! Enjoy the long, rambling posts while you can because this will be a busy  (but wonderful) summer.

Emily

1 comment:

  1. So great to read this tonight! Love seeing your posts. Miss you, my friend. Praying for you daily.

    ReplyDelete