Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Only a Lifetime

Monday nights are the women's Night Of Reflection (lovingly called NOR). We are given resources to help us have a good two hours of reflecting on Scripture and things going on here. Both NOR's have been equally fruitful and mind-changing. I have been very distracted by multiple problems in my life currently, and I couldn't figure out why. After listening to John Piper's sermon "Called to Suffer and Rejoice: For an Eternal Weight of Glory" I realized how much I have been focusing on my momentary afflictions. The longest these problem can last is only a lifetime. How great is that?! I would greatly encourage you to listen to this sermon. After I was finished listening to it and writing about it, I felt weak because of the relief and healing I found. I haven't felt this free in a while! So... listen to this sermon! It might just change your life.

Today is a short post because I need to get ready to look for a job. Please pray that I would find a job if you think about it. Also pray that I would trust God in the search. Job hunting is definitely tiring and discouraging after two weeks. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I have listened to that sermon before and it is a good one. A really good one. And I am praying for a job soon! Love you, friend. We need a phone chat!

    ReplyDelete